Arrival in Lucerne by train 2nd class from the Swiss border or airport. A stunning setting, world-famous sights, exciting modern architecture, endowed museums and much more make Lucerne a thrilling city to visit. Overnight in Lucerne.
Morning excursion to Mount Titlis – at 3020 m/10’000 ft. From Lucerne the train takes you to the mountain monestry village Engelberg where you board a gondola which takes you up to the TrÃ¼bsee. You continue your trip by another gondola to Stand and finally the first revolving Titlis Rotair cablecar takes you up to Mount Titlis. For a spectacular, close-up insight into a glacier, visit the glacier cave and ride the Ice Flyer chairlift. And get your thrills on the TITLIS Cliff Walk, a spectacular Suspension bridge at a height of 3041 m / 10,000 ft. Overnight in Lucerne.
Rail journey over the BrÃ¼nig Pass to Interlaken situated between the Lakes of Thun and Brienz. Overnight in Interlaken.
Excursion to the Jungfraujoch â€“ Top of Europe. The Jungfrau Railway takes you up to the Jungfraujoch â€“ at 3454 m / 11â€™333 ft the highest railway station in Europe. Enjoy breathtaking views of the Aletsch Glacier, the longest glacier in the Alps. Overnight in Interlaken.
Rail journey through the wonderful Bernese Oberland to the Valais, either via the LÃ¶tschberg base tunnel directly to Visp and further to Zermatt. Or by the LÃ¶tschberger â€“ the new air conditioned train with big windows using the traditional scenic LÃ¶tschberg line to Brig and continue your journey to Zermatt, the famous resort at the foot of the Matterhorn. Overnight in Zermatt.
The popular Gornergrat Bahn, Europeâ€™s highest open-air cogwheel railway, takes you up to the Gornergrat 9.339 km away. On the Gornergrat viewing platform you are surrounded by 29 peaks rising to above 4000 m. Overnight in Zermatt.
Board the Glacier Express and enjoy one of the greatest rail journeys in the world. A 7Â½ hour rail journey takes you across 291 bridges, through 91 tunnels and across the Oberalp Pass at 2033 m to St. Moritz. Overnight in St. Moritz.
Return to Swiss border or airport or continue your stay in Switzerland at your own request.
- 3star:WaldstÃ¤tterhof, Drei KÃ¶nige, Magic Hotel (breakfast at htl Krone about 80 m away), Des Alpes, IBIS Styles, Le Stelle
- 4star:Art Deco Hotel Montana, Radission Blu, Ameron Flora, Cascada
- 3star: City Hotel Oberland, Carlton-Europe, Weisses Kreuz, Beau Site, Bernerhof Goldey
- 4star: Du Lac, Interlaken, Royal St. Georges, Metropole, Krebs, Du Nord
- 3star: Sarazena, Bristol, Excelsior, Butterfly
- 4star:Swiss Alpine Hotel Allalin, Alpen Resort, Simi, Walliserhof, La Ginabelle, Pollux, Parkhotel Beau Site, Schlosshotel Zermatt , Mirabeau Hotel & Residence
- 3star: Soldanella, Hauser, Laudinella, Baren
- 4star:Art Boutique Hotel Monopol, Steffani, Crystal